Regarding Colombian Tourist for ESA WM 2024

Jose-Alberto Guerra

Jun 18, 2024, 4:56:12 PMJun 18
to esa-an...@googlegroups.com
Dear everyone,

We would like to thank Paul Feldman for his observation in a previous message.

We are very sorry for what he described happened to him, but we want to clarify that the visa he is referring to is needed only for academics who will receive a payment from the hosting institution (Universidad de los Andes), which is not the case for any conference participant. Unfortunately, the link Paul found (from a university different from the hosting university) does not clarify this.

So, if you are coming to the conference, please enter under tourist status like you would for any other conference, provided your nationality does not require a visa to enter (you can check the list of countries for which a visa is waived for entering Colombia here).

In all the previous international conferences we have hosted in Bogotá, we have never had any problems with attendees entering under tourist status.

We hope this inconvenience doesn't prevent you from enjoying the conference and your stay in Bogotá.

If you need assistance with any other matter, do not hesitate to contact us at the conference email: esawo...@uniandes.edu.co

Very best,
Organizing Committee
ESA WM 2024