New ESA Website

Noussair, Charles - (cnoussair)

Jun 13, 2024, 9:58:11 AMJun 13
to esa-an...@googlegroups.com
Dear ESA Community,

As of today, if you visit economicscience.org, you'll notice that we have a new look. We are pleased to announce that we have migrated our website, and member and conference management systems, to a new platform, hosted by MemberLeap. I would like to thank Ted Turocy and Walter Yuan for managing the switchover.

What does this mean for you?  When you visit the website, you'll still find the same kinds of information as before.  We have made some small changes to the site organization, but for the most part the overall structure will still be familiar.

Where you will notice some differences - and where you may need to take some action - will be in buying memberships, submitting talks, and registering for conferences.

In particular, on the new system you will need to take some action to create and/or update your account.  Not least because, at a minimum, we do not know your passwords on the old system, so we could not transfer them over!

What you will need to do will depend on whether or not you are *already a paid ESA member for 2024*:

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID YOUR 2024 MEMBERSHIP: We have migrated over all accounts of 2024 members.  You will soon receive a welcome message from the system, which will include instructions on how to log in the first time using a temporary password.  When you receive this, please log in - and also take the opportunity to check that the information we have for you is accurate and up-to-date.

IF YOU ARE NOT YET A 2024 MEMBER: If you have not yet purchased a 2024 membership, we will not have carried over your account.  You will instead need to create a new account on the system.  You will need to do this, for example, if you want to submit a talk to an upcoming conference.  This will continue to work as it has in the past - that is, you do not have to be a paid member to submit a talk, but you will need to be a paid member for the calendar year to register for a conference.

FOR EVERBODY: Irrespective of which group you are in, we strongly suggest that you allow a bit of extra time the next time you need to use the system. In particular, if you are planning to submit a talk for the European or North American meetings this autumn, DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DEADLINE! just in case you have any questions or need some extra support with the new flow or with your account.

We have not ported over very much information to the new system in the interests of data security and privacy.  However, we recognize that there may be information on the old system which you may need or want to have access to - for example, the receipts from purchasing your 2024 membership or conference registration. We have moved the old system to oldsite.economicscience.org, where you will be able to access this information.  The old site will be available until **31 DECEMBER 2024 ONLY** - so please be sure to access and save any information you might need from the site by then.  The old site is now read-only; no changes you make there will be reflected on the new system.

Although there will be some small changes in the flow of using the site, we believe you'll find the new system to be easier to use and more intuitive.  On the back-end, we can also tell you that this will represent a big upgrade for our conference organizers, as the support for managing and reviewing talk submissions, and registration, is much richer than on the old system.

We expect that for the most part you'll find getting set up with the new site straightforward.  However, if you have any questions or need any help, please write Ted Turocy, our VP-Information, at he...@economicscience.org.

Charles Noussair
President, ESA

Theodore Turocy (ECO - Staff)

Jun 13, 2024, 10:38:11 AMJun 13
to esa-an...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Further to Charles’ post earlier, a point of clarification:

At the moment, we are not yet open for new registrations or memberships on the new site.  We first are needing to get all the paid 2024 members accounts properly transferred and set up.

You will be able to create an account (and pay for memberships or conference registrations) when you next need to interact with the site (by submitting a talk or making a purchase).

Ted

Prof Dr Theodore L Turocy
Professor of Economics
University of East Anglia
Norwich Research Park
Norwich NR4 7TJ United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1603 597179  |  T.Tu...@uea.ac.uk  |  http://www.gambit-project.org/turocy

James Murphy

Jun 27, 2024, 3:22:52 AMJun 27
to esa-an...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
Just a reminder that if you need to access receipts for membership registrations or past conferences, including Bogota, you can access the old ESA website at: oldsite.economicscience.org
The old ESA site will only be available until Dec 31, 2024, so make sure you download anything you might need before then.
-Jim

--
Want to discuss this post, or anything related to experimental economics, with other ESA members and friends? Send your followup post to the discussion list at esa-d...@googlegroups.com.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ESA Announcements" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/esa-announce/BYAPR19MB2470EEE9FD965474899BD066ADC12%40BYAPR19MB2470.namprd19.prod.outlook.com.