A New Book by Andy Schotter

Andrew Schotter

Mar 18, 2023, 4:09:42 AM3/18/23
to esa-an...@googlegroups.com

For those interested I wanted to announce the publication of my new book  Advice, Social Learning and the Evolution of Social Conventions just published by Cambridge University Press.  It investigates the role of advice in decision making and in the  evolution of conventions using the construct of an intergenerational game where conventions are passed on from generation to generation through the process of intergenerational advice.  The book investigates a wide variety of problems using this construct from bargaining conventions, coordination conventions, conventions of trust,  conventions  created to help people deal with designed economic mechanisms, and many more. The focus on advice is significant  since advice is a much-ignored topic in economic theory yet it is a common feature in decision making in the real world. The book should be of interest to all theorists, experimentalists, and social scientists interested in decision making, game theory, and the evolution of conventions of behavior.

Andy Schotter

image.png

For more information see Cambridge University Press at

 cambridge.org/Schotter and for a discount use the code below.

image.png