ESA North American Meetings in Columbus - Submissions Now Open!

Paul J. Healy

Jun 24, 2024, 3:28:48 PMJun 24
to esa-an...@googlegroups.com
Dear ESA Community,

We're excited to be hosting the 2024 North American meetings in Columbus, Ohio this October 3rd -- 6th! Submissions are now open via the ESA website.

Local conference website:

Direct link to the ESA submission system:

The conference website should contain everything you need to know, but here are a few key notes:

1. As you've seen, the ESA just rolled out a new website. Remember that if you've already paid your 2024 dues then you already have an account on the new system using your email address on file. If you have not paid your 2024 dues then you'll have to create a new account on the website before you can submit. See Ted Turocy's recent emails for further details on this. (Note: ESA dues are not required to submit a talk, but will be required to register for the conference.)

2. The deadline for talk submissions is July 26, 2024 at 11:59pm Hawaii time. The early registration deadline is August 16th, the late registration deadline is September 4th, and the hotel group rate cutoff is September 6th.

3. To book your hotel using the group rate of $199/night, please go to the conference website (http://esacolumbus2024.com/) and click on the "Venue" tab.

4. If you haven't been, Columbus is a city of over 2 million people, and the conference will be in the heart of the city. There are many great bars and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Our Thursday evening reception will be at Jackie O's On Fourth, a local craft brewery. Plus the airport is less than 15 minutes from downtown.

5. For better or worse, there is an Ohio State vs. Iowa football game in Columbus that weekend, which means the city will be unusually busy. And we anticipate that the hotel group rate will likely sell out. We therefore recommend that you book your hotel & travel plans early!

6. We're excited that Muriel Niederle, Jakub Steiner, and Leeat Yariv have all agreed to give plenary talks. Plus we're planning on other special sessions and panels throughout the conference.

We hope to see everyone in Columbus this October! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email us at esacolu...@gmail.com or me directly at heal...@osu.edu.

Sincerely,
The Organizing Committee:
P.J. Healy