WEBEAS Workshop: Join Us for Daniela Puzzello’s Presentation, April 9th @ 1 PM ET - "Is Money Essential? An Experimental Approach."

Kristian

Apr 8, 2024, 2:20:36 AMApr 8
to ESA Announcements

Dear All,

In the next session of our online seminar (Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 1 PM EST), we are happy to have Daniela Puzzello from Indiana University presenting a super interesting paper titled "Is Money Essential? An Experimental Approach." Please take a look at the abstract below.

Session Details:

Please mark your calendars. Click here to add the workshop to your Google calendar.
We look forward to seeing everyone in the workshop!

The Organizing Committee

Talk details:

Author(s):
Janet Hua Jiang (Bank of Canada), Peter Norman (University of North Carolina), Daniela Puzzello (Indiana University)

Title: Is Money Essential? An Experimental Approach.

Abstract: Monetary exchange is called essential when better outcomes become incentive-compatible when money is introduced. We study essentiality theoretically and experimentally using finite-horizon monetary models that are naturally suited to the lab. Following mechanism design, we also study the effects of strategy recommendations, both when they are incentive-compatible and when they are not. Results show output and welfare are significantly enhanced by fiat currency if monetary equilibrium exists, but not otherwise. Also, recommendations help if incentive-compatible, but not otherwise. Sometimes, money gets used when it should not, and we investigate why using surveys and measures of social preferences.

Stay updated on our current and future events by visiting our website: https://www.webeas.org.