CfP: decision making under risk and ambiguity

Daniel Lee

Dec 18, 2023, 1:43:54 AM12/18/23
to ESA Announcements

Dear ESA Friends and Colleagues,

Indu Khurana and I are coediting a special issue of Frontiers in Behavioral Economics, focusing on decision making under risk and ambiguity. We would like to invite those of you working on related topics to consider a submission.

The journal issue overview and submission portal are located at:

https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/61320/decision-making-under-risk-and-ambiguity

Abstract Submission Deadline: February 11, 2024

Manuscript Submission: Deadline June 30 2024

Should you have any questions, please free to email me at dj...@udel.edu

Cordially,

Dan Lee

University of Delaware

Daniel J. Lee

Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship

University of Delaware | Horn Entrepreneurship

____________

Issue Announcement:

Risk and uncertainty are ubiquitous constructs in our lives. Potential parents must assess the risk of genetic abnormalities, businesses must expose themselves to possible losses, governments must assess the threats of conflict and climate crises. Importantly, though the risks present in each of these examples can be modeled by the same process or foundational theory, the behavioral response varies meaningfully across domains.

To that end, the act of decision making under risk and uncertainty is still very much an active area of research. Further, given incomplete data and opaque and complex models, we are constantly exposing ourselves to new forms of risk and uncertainty through our increased interactions with AI, machine learning, and algorithmic interfaces.

In this spirit, this Research Topic invites contributions related to decision making under risk and uncertainty with respect to applied domains and new advances in theory, technology, and elicitation tasks. Since this topic is so dynamic and varied, we aim to highlight diverse and interdisciplinary research approaches. Therefore, we invite contributions that tackle themes including, but not limited to:

• Risk with respect to business, entrepreneurship, and the future of work (FoW)

• Advances in AI and our understanding and conceptualizing of existential risk

• Climate and conflict risk and mitigation strategies

• New theories and elicitation techniques regarding decision-making under uncertainty

Daniel Lee

Apr 8, 2024, 2:21:00 AMApr 8
to ESA Announcements
Dear ESA Friends and Colleagues, wanted to remind you all of this special issue.
The manuscript submission deadline is June 30, 2024. Please see below for information relevant to the call

-DL