UEA behavioral game theory workshop

Cooper, David J

Mar 23, 2023, 1:42:18 AM3/23/23
to esa-an...@googlegroups.com

The School of Economics and the Centre for Behavioural and Experimental Social Science (CBESS) at the University of East Anglia will be holding our 9th annual workshop on behavioral game theory on July 3rd and 4th. The purpose of this workshop is to present current experimental and behavioral research related to the topic of game theory. Our theme this year is bounded rationality, including topics such as level-k models, QRE, rational inattention, and learning. All papers that lie at the intersection of game theory, behavioral economics, and experimental economics will be considered, but we will give priority to papers that fit with this year’s theme.

We are pleased to announce this year’s plenary speakers:

Terri Kneeland, University College London

Agnieszka Tymula, The University of Sydney

Vincent Crawford, University of Oxford and University of California, San Diego

We are going to hold this year’s workshop face-to-face in Norwich. The general format will be a small number of relatively long paper presentations. To facilitate feedback and interaction, papers that are accepted will also be assigned a discussant.

If you would like to present a paper, you can submit an extended abstract or paper here. The last date for submission of presentations is April 14th, and we will let you know if your paper has been accepted for presentation by April 28th.  You are invited to attend the conference even if you are not presenting a paper. We will announce registration information when the conference program is released.

There will be no conference fees for speakers or attendees of the workshop. Due to budget restrictions, we will be unable to provide any additional support this year and all speakers and attendees will need to source their own accommodation and travel.

Graduate students may also be interested in UEA’s PhD summer school course in behavioral game theory that immediately follows the workshop (5th-7th July).  The course is designed to provide a short introduction to experimental research related to behavioral game theory. More information can be found at the following link: https://www.uea.ac.uk/course/summer-school/behavioral-game-theory/2023. To book a place on the Behavioral Game Theory Summer School, please visit the UEA Store (https://store.uea.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/faculty-of-social-sciences/school-of-economics/behavioral-game-theory-summer-school ).  In the past, many students have attended the course and the workshop.

We are looking forward to this workshop and hope you will be attending!

David Cooper, University of Iowa & University of East Anglia

Ariel Gu, University of East Anglia

Mark Le Quement, University of East Anglia

David J. Cooper

Tippie and Rollins Chair in Economics

Departmental Executive Officer

Department of Economics | Tippie College of Business

The University of Iowa

S220 PBB | Iowa City, Iowa   52242

phone: (319) 467-4466

email: david-j...@uiowa.edu

website: https://sites.google.com/view/davidjcooper13/home

Cooper, David J

Apr 11, 2023, 2:59:37 PM4/11/23
to esa-an...@googlegroups.com

Just a reminder … the deadline for this is coming up on Friday!

Best, David

Cooper, David J

Apr 14, 2023, 12:36:40 PM4/14/23
to esa-an...@googlegroups.com

We have decided to extend the application deadline until the end of the day on Monday. Look forward to seeing folks in Norwich!