One postdoc and four PhD positions in Northern Germany

Mario Mechtel

Jul 10, 2024, 10:19:33 AM (12 days ago) Jul 10
to esa-an...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

The research cluster "Behavioral Economics and Societal Transformation" currently seeks to fill one postdoc and four PhD positions. We are funded by the Volkswagen Foundation and the Lower Saxony Ministry of Science and Culture as part of the "Wissenschaftsräume" funding line. The cluster is a collaboration between seven universities in Lower Saxony (Clausthal University of Technology, University of Göttingen, Leibniz University Hannover, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Osnabrück University, University of Vechta) and the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology. It comprises an interdisciplinary team of professors whose research focuses on the field of behavioral economics.

We investigate the effects of different transformation processes on various social groups, based on behavioral economics research. The focus is on analyzing the behavioral changes and changes in economic outcome variables caused by transformation, as well as their interactions. On the one hand, global transformation processes affect both behavior (e.g. consumer behavior in times of climate change or voting behavior due to the perception of "feeling left behind") and outcome variables (e.g. a changed party landscape due to persistently high migration or labor market effects of automation and digitization). On the other hand, there is a significant heterogeneity between social groups. Our focus is particularly on the empirical analysis of the behavior of heterogeneous actors (especially in the dimensions of urban-rural, income, gender, social/cultural diversity, risk attitudes and political attitudes). An innovative pool of study participants will be established for experimental research and survey studies ("Niedersachsen Panel").

We can offer excellent conditions for the postdoc and the doctoral students, including integration into a network of 15 professors with around 30 doctoral students, adequate experimental budgets, participation in our own doctoral program and in various scientific conferences in the scientific area, and funding for conferences outside the scientific area. The positions are for four years and do not involve teaching duties. For more information on the research topics, our team, events, and doctoral program, please visit www.wissenschaftsraum-verhalten.de. You will also find the current job postings there.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question.

On behalf of the entire group,

Gerald Eisenkopf, Mario Mechtel, Fabian Paetzel, and Jan Sauermann

---

Mario Mechtel

Professor of Empirical Microeconomics / Professor für VWL, insb. Empirische Mikroökonomik

Vice Dean School of Public Affairs / Prodekan Forschung Fakultät Staatswissenschaften

Leuphana University of Lueneburg

Universitaetsallee 1

21335 Lueneburg

Germany