Italian painter Japelli in 18th Century Spain

Maria B

Mar 2, 2004, 7:48:40 PM3/2/04
Hi:

I apologise for posting this message in English.

I am writing for information on a reproduction I own.

THE REPRODUCTION:
It is entitled:
Luigi Japelli
1742
Nosita
Palacio Real de Aranjuex, Madrid

It is embossed with the stamp "Casa Real Patrimonie Nacional"

On left hand side somewhat obscured by the frame,it has the number 830
on it - I think.

On the right it has more writing, some numbers, including - 1976 and
"Litho in SPain".

The size of the image is 25cm x 34 cm.[It has a beautiful mount which
adds to width of framed item]

The image is two thirds sky and one third sea. Two islands, one large
island with cliffs and buildings (large) at sea level and the other
quite small at left.

The sea surrounding is quite busy, with two large tw0-masted sailing
ships at left and many smaller ones around the island. There are
smaller unmasted boats with people shown too at right of image.

It is a coloured reproduction.

It would appear to be a lithographic reproduction of a painting
(watercolour or fresco) in the Royal Palace at Aranjuez. I can
discover little about it or the artist, but that he as an Italian who
worked at the court of the Bourbon King, Carlos IV.

Where is Nosita?
Where in the royal palace at Aranjuez is it hanging? Or is it a
fresco?

Can anyone help me?

MMBrandl
Australia

david.manr...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2016, 1:42:26 PM7/31/16
Well that, I am conducting a research about this group of painters. Luis Japeli or Luigi Jappeli, born Italian, moved to Madrid, was a Muralist. Can be related to Mengs, Goya, Galvez, Salvador maella. He painted different frescos in la casita del Principe and other small palaces in Madrid. Do you have any photo?

carlos...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2017, 6:34:45 PM2/5/17
hi David... I have a may be Jappelli. Where can I send a pic? my email carlo...@hotmail.com thanks.

annru...@live.com

Feb 12, 2018, 9:03:15 PM2/12/18
I have the same print but number 831 - I think , because the actual figures are just cut off but the sister print of Villa Reale [ all the same embossed information as Nostia ] clearly shows 831.I don't know anything more about them than you do - am about to ' downsize ' & need to get rid of them but c such a high number there must be numerous copies around & so they can't be worth much ?