Missing Makefile in 0.1.5?

Scott Elcomb

Apr 26, 2012, 12:19:00 PM4/26/12
to es-operat...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Using the QuickSetup guide*, I tried setting up with the es-0.1.5
tarball on an Ubuntu 11.10 box.

When running the setup script, all package dependencies appear to have
been installed without issue.

The script exits with the message: "make: *** No targets specified and
no makefile found. Stop." As a result, I have no pc/ folder or es-os
image with which to start qemu.

Any suggestions? TIA :-)

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca

  Atomic OS: Self Contained Microsystems
  http://code.google.com/p/atomos/

  Member of the Pirate Party of Canada
  http://www.pirateparty.ca/

Shiki Okasaka

Apr 26, 2012, 10:00:18 PM4/26/12
to es-operat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the report. I've quickly fixed the build issues in the ES
kernel with r2670 and r2671. The setup script appears to be running
with Fedora 16 now. One issue with Ubuntu is that the V8 API bridge
for esidl requires V8 3.3.5 or later. So we'd need to use Precise
(12.04), but I haven't tested it yet.

Another issue is that we're currently focusing on the development of
the ES web browser and the other components such as the kernel and the
TCP/IP stack are not actively maintained recently. Sorry for the
inconvenience, but we will revisit those items after the 1st release
of the ES browser.

Best,

- Shiki