Flash Player Activex Is Not Installed

Kym Cavrak

May 5, 2024, 12:46:15 PMMay 5
to eruramex

it's not the only way. you could mess with your os settings so you can uninstall flash player. there's some risk you will mess up your os and then need to reinstall it so i'm not sure it's worthwhile. it depends on how important flash cs4 is to you and how risk averse you are.

Flash Player Activex Is Not Installed

Download · https://t.co/NAPZ02K9YV

if i were you i would do nothing and see if something comes up where i absolutely need flash cs4 and couldn't make do with the other cs4 programs. only then would i consider fiddling with the ie flash player. and at that point, i would google info on it and see what others had to say about it.

Hello sorry if it has been asked already, I recently installed the flash player debugger for windows 8.1 (internet explorer) but i forgot about backing up the release build, then i uninstalled everything and i'm stuck.

I have installed adobe flash player active X, but none of applications can detect it. for example if an application needs flash player it will show an error that it is not installed, sometimes ago everything was fine, but it is about one week that I have faced this issue.

Go to this page, select Windows 7 in Step 1, Internet Explorer in Step 2, uncheck the option to install Chrome, download install_flashplayer11x32ax_gtbd_chrd_dn_aih.exe and run it

In case of Win 7, Adobe Flash Player is just an application you can install and uninstall.
Starting from Win 8, Adobe Flash player ActiveX is considered to be a part of Windows and it does not appear in control panel and this means there are no entry for Flash under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall key.
Since it is a part of Windows, when you apply monthly update, it takes care flash ActiveX.

Note: If both flash.ocx and swflash.ocx are present on the system then the GUID used to instantiate the Flash Player should be registered to flash.ocx. Regardless of this, the security update will register the GUID to the new flash.ocx that is installed.

Can I use SMS to determine if the Flash Player is installed on a system?
Yes. SMS can help detect if the Flash Player is installed on a system. SMS can search for the existence of the files flash.ocx and swflash.ocx. Versions of flash.ocx and swflash.ocx that are earlier than version 6.0.80 and all 5.x.x.x versions may be vulnerable.

Note If both flash.ocx and swflash.ocx are present on the system then the GUID used to instantiate Flash Player should be registered to flash.ocx. Regardless of this, the security update will register the GUID to the new flash.ocx that is installed.

Adobe Flash ActiveX is a variant of Adobe flash player that is used for viewing animation videos, graphics, and artwork on web browsers. Adobe flash player ActiveX is compatible with Internet Explorer 11 and its earlier versions. The plugin is fundamentally a software component used to download a particular content from the internet and perceive graphic data from the web browsers. Developed and created by Microsoft in 1996, ActiveX is a commonly downloaded and used plugin for scanning facts and figures from the World Wide Web.

While Adobe flash player ActiveX is a variant for Internet Explorer and other platforms operated under Windows, other plugins such as PPAPI- Plugin are compatible with Linux OS, and NPAPI is used for MAC OS and Linux. Although Adobe Flash Player ActiveX may not always be required for Internet Explorer, some of the earlier variants of ActiveX are compatible with Mozilla Firefox. The users could also use ActiveX with Google Chrome by downloading several other plugins with the original one.

Note that in my case firefox needed the NPAPI version yet LDD needed the activeX version so I had to have two versions installed. please ensure you check if you browser needs a separate version of flash player before uninstalling it.

Thanks for the help on this thread, I got it to work. Very strange that flash player is required. If someone could maybe extract the installer script and then re-cook it to remove the flash player requirement, that'd be awesome.

What I found was that the newly downloaded installer was used, and I was told I was either installing an old version of Flash or already had flash installed, and was given the option to download a newer installer from Adobe (maybe I downloaded an old installer?). I clicked through to download from Adobe, and the LDD installer continued as though the Flash installation was successful. The file associations seem to have worked as a result of this.

Try an older version of Adobe Flash Player. For steps 3 and 4 below, here is a site that has an archive of older versions - -flash-player/ It seems like you need a version of Flash that is for Internet Explorer for it to work. Be sure to disable auto-updating of Flash after you install it though - -prevent-flash-player-update-prompts

In step 1 a link is provided to the Adobe website with instructions how to fully remove Flash from your computer. These instructions only seem valid for Windows 7 (see the top of the page) and therefore people with later Windows versions are probably not able to follow the steps on the Adobe website. As others already mention in this discussion, it is not possible to install the file flashplayer_32_0r0_344_winax.exe either.

The Firefox install starts with downloading an installer file (install_flash_player.exe). Then you have to shut down Firefox and run the installer. When it's done, you should see something like the screen shot above. At this point, I suggest taking Firefox on a visit to the Adobe Flash tester page to insure that everything went according to plan.

A few notable changes have been made to the background updater. You can now point the updater service to an internal server (rather than Adobe's). Also if you select the option to disable auto updates the service or task should no longer be created (previous versions created the scheduled task regardless). The only issue is that this is only true if you install Flash via the GUI and there currently isnt an option to do this when you want to silently install. -to-adobe-flash-player-background-updater/

UPDATE: I actually just discovered that this can be done with the .exe installer by using the command line argument "-install -au 2". I found this info from a comment by Stephen Pohl here: -adobe-flash-player-update-service-starts-up-every-hour/

I've been fighting Error 1722 for days. Installing the MSI without any switches, it asks for the location of "install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi" to uninstall the previous version but the path it offers is to the SCCM Cache folder "C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\CCM\Cache\..." and on some systems this folder has been automatically purged. My solution was to find the registry key holding the reference to the bad location and delete the entire hive.

Important: There are two Flash players offered for Windows users: the Flash ActiveX control for Internet Explorer/AOL and the Flash plugin for Firefox/Mozilla/Opera browsers. Each must be installed separately, since the Flash plugin installer does not add the ActiveX control and vice versa.

Starting with Flash 9.0.r45 the Flash plugin installer for Firefox and other Mozilla-based browsers does not copy any files to the browser plugins folder. Instead, the files "NPSWF32.dll", "flashplayer.xpt" and related files are placed in the Macromed\Flash folder located in the Windows System directory (e.g., C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Flash) and the installer removes any copies found in the installation directory of detected browsers. A Windows registry entry is created enabling each Mozilla browser to detect Flash via plugin scanning (PLID scan). [12]

Plugin scanning explains how to prevent your Mozilla browser from detecting plugins installed in directories specified in the Windows registry for PLIDs by setting the plugin.scan.plid.all preference to false. The problem with disabling the PLID plugin scan is that it disables all plugins that are detected this way, including Flash. A workaround is to copy NPSWF32.dll and flashplayer.xpt from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Flash to the installation directory plugins folder. [86] .

Windows Update in Win 7 does not update Internet Explorer Flash (the Flash Active X component), but your central Adobe Flash update settings might be set to auto update or you may have manually installed the latest version of flash..

e2b47a7662