Link to To-do list for the older Linux Mint 18.1 Xfce

Ray M

May 17, 2020, 9:55:30 AM5/17/20
to Errors in Easylinuxtipsproject
which is titled "10 Things to Do First in the Legacy Linux Mint 19.2 Xfce"
and seems to relate to upgrading 19.2 Xfce to 19.3 Xfce!

Beheerder Computertip

May 17, 2020, 10:07:44 AM5/17/20
to Errors in Easylinuxtipsproject
Thanks for alerting me! Much appreciated. I've replaced the references to 18.1 Xfce by references to 19.2 Xfce.

The to-do list for 19.2 Xfce is indeed about upgrading 19.2 to 19.3, but in a way that preserves its older kernel and its older graphics stack (both of which are essential for support of ancient hardware). So you can have a shiny new 19.3 with the 19.2 engine in it....

Regards, Pjotr.

r52m...@gmail.com

May 18, 2020, 10:11:49 AM5/18/20
to Errors in Easylinuxtipsproject
My pleasure Pjotr.
Great work you are doing here - it has proved most helpful over the years.
It is really good to get reliable advice.

Regards, Ray