TRIM journal command

George Kropotkin

Oct 24, 2020, 4:40:55 AM10/24/20
to Errors in Easylinuxtipsproject
Hello Pjotr!

Thank you very much for your website! It gave me all the vital info I needed to switch to Linux after 20+ years on Windows. It was 1.5 years ago and I'm still happy. :)

Today I re-read your "SSD" guide (https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/p/ssd.html#ID6) and stumbled upon a command to verify that periodic TRIM is working:
journalctl | grep fstrim.service

On my system with Mint 19.3 and NVMe SSD it only lists a couple of failures from half a year ago. After some googling + experimenting I was able to see recent fstrim logs with another command:
journalctl -u fstrim.service | tail -n 30

Beheerder Computertip

Oct 24, 2020, 4:42:02 AM10/24/20
to Errors in Easylinuxtipsproject
Thanks for the alert! I'll look into it....