Where to find the latest Java language version supported by ErrorProne ?

David Beaumont

Mar 22, 2024, 8:26:32 AMMar 22
to error-prone-discuss
Hi,
    Can someone point me at where the latest language features supported in ErrorProne is documented? And will existing ErrorProne transformations seamlessly work with new syntax?

Best regards,
    David

Liam Miller-Cushon

Mar 22, 2024, 12:13:46 PMMar 22
to error-pro...@googlegroups.com
We're generally trying to keep up with new language versions as they're released.

The CI tests against the latest JDK EA builds, so e.g. today all of the tests pass on JDK 23.

There may be gaps in support for new features in individual checks. For example there are a handful of checks for issues related to switch statements, and there's been some work to prepare those checks for switch expressions, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more bugs left in that area.

So overall things should just work using Error Prone together with the latest released language version, and bug reports are welcome if you see any issues.

--
Googlers: This an external list. Please be careful when posting.
---