Getting error message when using error-prone in CLI

Savad Arakkal

Oct 1, 2021, 8:18:22 AM10/1/21
to error-prone-discuss
Hi All,
I am unable to use the error-prone from CLI, getting error message as error: plug-in not found: ErrorProne.

I have already tried with JDK 8, 9, 11 and 16 as per the documentation here but nothing works. Can anyone please help me?

Attaching the screenshot of the error message.

Regards
---
Savad Arakkal
error-prone.JPG

Thomas Broyer

Oct 3, 2021, 8:34:49 AM10/3/21
to error-prone-discuss
Is error_prone_core-2.9.0-with-dependencies.jar in the current folder? And is it really a JAR that contains Java classes and a META-INF/services?

Savad Arakkal

Oct 4, 2021, 3:19:06 AM10/4/21
to error-prone-discuss

Thomas Broyer

Oct 4, 2021, 9:49:39 AM10/4/21
to error-prone-discuss
Oh, so you appear to be using Windows. Are you using WSL or Mingw? (e.g. something like Git Bash) or is this using Powershell?
Paths on Windows use ";" as the separator, vs ":" on Linux/OSX, so maybe try that for the processorpath.

Savad Arakkal

Oct 7, 2021, 2:08:49 AM10/7/21
to error-prone-discuss
For windows WSL, it worked.
Was also having JDK Configuration issues in Linux VM terminal. That was also fixed as well, thank you for the support.