Error Prone 2.6.0 Release

Donald Duo Zhao

Apr 1, 2021, 12:56:26 PM4/1/21
to error-pron...@googlegroups.com, error-pro...@googlegroups.com
Error Prone 2.6.0 is now available for download from Maven Central.

Release notes: https://github.com/google/error-prone/releases/tag/v2.6.0

Lazaro Clapp

Apr 1, 2021, 2:13:27 PM4/1/21
to error-pro...@googlegroups.com, error-pron...@googlegroups.com
Release notes seem to be missing (particularly interested in: list of new checkers). I see only the following at that link for now:

#goodtime

PiperOrigin-RevId: 366095590

Also "Error Prone 2.5.1" still says "Latest Release" here. Are there steps of the release process that are still ongoing?

--
Googlers: This an external list. Please be careful when posting.
---

Lazaro Clapp

Apr 1, 2021, 2:28:08 PM4/1/21
to error-pro...@googlegroups.com
Additionally, the git tag v2.6.0 doesn't seem to fully correspond to Error Prone 2.6.0. In particular, the pom files at that tag list the version as HEAD-SNAPSHOT, while the Maven central artifacts do have 2.6.0 correctly set up in their pom files. Not sure if there are also Java code differences between the code at that tag and the published jars... is it possible the wrong commit was tagged?

Nothing urgent, since we can just stay on 2.5.1, but I'd love some clarity on whether the tag is correct before we upgrade, since we fork some of the Error Prone jars internally (but not others) :)