Errbit on Windows

Jota Martos

Nov 13, 2014, 11:10:21 AM11/13/14
to err...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone! I've installed Errbit in a machine with Ubuntu, I've configured it using Apache and Passenger and it's working fine.

But i have a question about Errbit, is it possible to run Errbit on Windows? I didn't find any information about that and I want to test it on Windows.

“Thanks so much for your help.

ch...@tinajalabs.com

Nov 14, 2014, 2:15:24 PM11/14/14
to err...@googlegroups.com
Seems like errbit is a ruby on rails based application so if you can install that in your Windows environment, you should be able to run errbit.

This looks promising: http://rubyinstaller.org/

Edgar Rodrigo Villegas Alvarado

Dec 12, 2014, 2:17:03 AM12/12/14
to err...@googlegroups.com
This is what I did:

Install the following first
- Ruby 1.9.3 and DevKit for Ruby 1.9.3 from rubyinstallers.org
- Mongo DB for windows
- (I assume you have git bash already installed, and git configured)

- Then, in the command line

gem install bundler
cd errbit

- Edit the errbit/Gemfile file, comment the following lines:
  #gem 'puma'...
  #gem 'unicorn'...

- Again in command line:
bundle install
rake errbit:bootstrap

- Update the config.yml and mongoid.yml files with information about your environment
- Start server from git bash command line (from the errbit dir)

script/rails server

- Browse to localhost:3000

And you're done!!

Michael Thieme

Feb 26, 2015, 5:43:29 AM2/26/15
to err...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edgar,

thanks for the manual. I am facing an issue with connecting to mongodb.

you said:
- Update the config.yml and mongoid.yml files with information about your environment
- Start server from git bash command line (from the errbit dir)

script/rails server

what does you config.yml look like?

Mine:
defaults: &defaults
host: my-PC
port: 27017
development:
<<: *defaults
database: errbit_development
test:
<<: *defaults
database: errbit_test

Do I have to add something else?

Edgar Rodrigo Villegas Alvarado

Feb 26, 2015, 11:50:44 AM2/26/15
to err...@googlegroups.com
I don't have my .yml file right now. But you have to start mongodb first, did you? probably it's that.

Stephen Crosby

Feb 26, 2015, 12:23:41 PM2/26/15
to err...@googlegroups.com
./config/config.yml is no longer used in Errbit master, so you can delete it. The way we configure Errbit now is through environment variables:

You'll just need to set MONGO_URL="mongo://my-PC" in your environment, or use .env which will do it for you.

Michael Thieme

Feb 27, 2015, 8:38:26 AM2/27/15
to err...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

thanks a lot :)
adapting the .env.default mongo_url key fixed it