Errbit SSL configuration

mic...@spalk.co

Apr 28, 2016, 3:03:36 AM4/28/16
to Errbit
Hi All,

My apologies if I've missed something obvious - rails noob here.

I'm having trouble with setting up errbit to listen with an SSL cert. I have one setup and ready to use with my domain, I've setup and deployed my errbit app and can access it via http fine, with error reporting all working dandy, but when I set ERRBIT_ENFORCE_SSL to true (and protocol to https and port to 443), it fails. Which I would expect as I haven't told it where to find my security cert. I haven't been able to find the correct configuration anywhere on the web, and it isn't a configuration property as listed at: https://github.com/errbit/errbit/blob/master/docs/configuration.md.

Am I missing something? I can see that I could modify the .rb files to use SSL, but generally configurators like those used in the install instructions don't take kindly to that, or just blindly overwrite your changes the next time you run the configuration/build scripts.

All I can think to do now is just deploy a webserver in front listening on HTTPS and proxy all the requests via HTTP on localhost to errbit, which seems a little silly.

If anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers,

Michael

smi...@navigatingcancer.com

Aug 1, 2016, 2:31:53 PM8/1/16
to Errbit
I set up nginx to proxy all of my errbit traffic through 443/https, I know this isn't exactly what you're trying to do, but it worked for us.