Fingerprinting Configurable per-app?

Ralph Bolton

Sep 16, 2016, 12:41:55 PM9/16/16
to Errbit
Hi,

We've been using Errbit at my client for a while now, and for our Rails app it's working quite nicely, but now I'd like to expand into other areas. However, I'm wondering what the chances are for being able to alter the fingerprinting configs on a per-application basis? (I see from the original feature ticket that it was thought about but pushed out in favour of getting site-wide config completed).

The reason I ask is that I'd like to have one or two apps that don't fingerprint based on the backtrace. As it stands, I'd need to run a whole separate instance of Errbit to do this, and whilst I'd get all the nice UI/reporting features, it means we'd have to check two (or more!?) different UIs to get a full picture of what's been going on.

What's the current thinking on this? Is it something worth looking into?

Stephen Crosby

Sep 16, 2016, 1:00:47 PM9/16/16
to err...@googlegroups.com
I think this would be great. The data model should already support per-app fingerprinting configuration, but there's no UI for it. Are you willing to contribute UI, tests and docs? If you are, I'd be happy to go over the data model with you and how I had imagined it could work.

Ralph Bolton

Sep 19, 2016, 4:32:15 AM9/19/16
to Errbit
I'm very happy to help out any way I can - I'm not entirely sure what I'm committing to here, or how long it  would take me, but I'm happy to give it a try and see what comes of it (and hey, if there's something I can't do, I'll ask for help ;-)

Where do we start?

...Ralph

Christian Teijón

Nov 23, 2016, 5:31:28 PM11/23/16
to Errbit
Hi Ralph!

Looks like we had the same idea! :

Ralph Bolton

Nov 23, 2016, 6:13:27 PM11/23/16
to Errbit
Oh awesome - and a fully coded/tested PR too (you're way ahead of me on that one!).

I look forward to this 'hitting the streets' soon - thank you very much!

...Ralph