New year, new errbit commits

Kevin Burnett

Jan 24, 2022, 5:38:48 PM1/24/22
to Errbit
Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that we have released a few updates to errbit, including support for ruby 2.7, and dropping support for ruby 2.5 and 2.6. The main branch has also been renamed, so please be aware that if your CI is trying to grab the master branch of errbit, you will want to update that to reference main instead.

Thanks much to dounokouno for doing the majority of the work related to the ruby and gem updates in the context of pull request 1508. I tried to update the mini_racer gem and discovered that circleci "large" docker instances do not have enough memory to build the new dependency, libv8-node, so I went back to mini_racer 0.3.1 and libv8. Since people had been having issues (#1510 and #1494) with this, be aware that if you build errbit somewhere that has nodejs, you do not need the mini_racer dependency at all. sed -i '/gem .mini_racer/d' Gemfile for the win. If you strongly feel that we should remove or keep this gem in the repo, feel free to weigh in.

Since this is my first post to this mailing list, I will introduce myself real quick. I am a senior software engineer at Rosetta Stone, where we have been users of errbit-like infrastructure ever since the days when there was a highly-related piece of software called hoptoad. if anyone knows the story of how errbit was created and named, please reply and enlighten me! I intend to help as much as I can to keep the project moving along. As always, your pull requests are most welcome, and we will do our best to respond to them quickly.

Thank you,
KB

Ajaya Agrawalla

May 30, 2022, 12:24:59 PM5/30/22