Overbilling

lxnow

Jul 26, 2013, 10:07:44 PM7/26/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to set up a tolerance/allowance for over-billing? I.e. the sales order and delivery note have line item amount of 100 but the sales invoice computes at 101.  I think this has something to do with how totals are calculated and small decimal errors will not let us submit in invoice. Thanks.

lxnow

Jul 26, 2013, 10:09:44 PM7/26/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
IF I understand this correctly, I'd like to set a tolerance/allowance for "Max allowed export_amount"

Anand Doshi

Aug 1, 2013, 3:05:49 AM8/1/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Laurence,

This is because of the discount value in Sales Order calculated upto 6 decimals because of no rounding in the previous version, and in the new version, the discount is getting mapped for 2 decimals or more depending on the Float precision set in Global Defaults.

So for now, set float precision to 3 or 4 and these error messages should go away.

Thanks,
Anand.

Hernan Gonzalez

Aug 8, 2013, 12:36:21 PM8/8/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i am having a similar problem, wich is i made a purchase recipt, for an item with a price of 500 $, and two days later i recived the invoice for 500,2 $, and the system is showing me an overbillig sign, and i would like to set a toletance parameter for this kind of operations.

lxnow

Aug 8, 2013, 9:57:59 PM8/8/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Try setting your decimal points to six.

Anand Doshi

Aug 13, 2013, 3:45:41 AM8/13/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We were able to trace this issue to a design decision and we have fixed it.

It was because the rate was recalculated on the server side and it didn't honour the sequence in which data entry was done by the user. This affected users who put value in rate field and discount was auto calculated based on rate and price list rate.

Now you can change back the float precision to 3.

Sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Regards,
Anand.

Slava

Jan 2, 2014, 6:02:52 AM1/2/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem.
When making an invoice with discount I get total figure with decimals (e.g. 3000.99). Rounded total is 3001 and that is what we receive from client.
But making JV for 3001 against this voucher is not allowed by the system, I can only make it 3000.99 or less. But then the ledger will not match with bank statement.
Can you please help here?

Thanks,
Slava
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Nabin Hait

Jan 7, 2014, 9:39:13 AM1/7/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

Slava,
In payment entry, you should debit 3001 to bank account and credit 3000.99 to customer account and credit 0.01 to write off account.
That way your bank balance will remain correct and at the same time, customer's outstanding will also be cleared.

Slava Astafieff

Jan 9, 2014, 12:40:26 AM1/9/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Nabin!

regards

Slava

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.