Error While Importing ERPNext in VirtualBox

Manoj Aswani

Apr 30, 2013, 4:49:38 AM4/30/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We are looking for possible solutions for ERP implementation in our company and we came across ERPNext as a good candidate for that.
We have downloaded the appliance image given in OVA format in download section of website. The image is giving error while importing in virtualbox.

The error is:
Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component: Appliance
Interface: IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

I have also attached snapshot of the place of error.

Please help how to get this done.

Anand Doshi

Apr 30, 2013, 4:53:56 AM4/30/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manoj,

You should check the md5 checksum of the downloaded file and compare it with the one mentioned on the download page. Probably, the downloaded ova file is corrupted.

Thanks,
Anand.

Manoj Aswani

Apr 30, 2013, 5:07:42 AM4/30/13
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Manoj,

You should check the md5 checksum of the downloaded file and compare it with the one mentioned on the download page. Probably, the downloaded ova file is corrupted.

Thanks,
Anand.

I tried to find the md5 checksum with a console app known as md5sum and there is a difference between the one of file I downloaded and the one mentioned on website. Can you just throw some light on possible reasons for this mishappening?

This image that I downloaded was downloaded with variuos pauses in a downloader. Can that be a possible reason?

With Best Regards,
Manoj Kumar Aswani
MBA IT 2012-14
SICSR, Pune.

"Skill + Will + Zeal = Win"

Anand Doshi

Apr 30, 2013, 5:12:44 AM4/30/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manoj,

Even with pauses, this shouldn't happen. It is possible that the file was not completely downloaded.
Did you use any download manager for downloading this?

Thanks,
Anand.

Manoj Aswani

Apr 30, 2013, 5:18:13 AM4/30/13
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Manoj,

Even with pauses, this shouldn't happen. It is possible that the file was not completely downloaded.
Did you use any download manager for downloading this?

Thanks,
Anand.

Yes I used a download manager for downloading that

Anand Doshi

Apr 30, 2013, 5:22:57 AM4/30/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Probably the cause of the problem.

You can use your browser to download it. Firefox and chrome have good resume capabilities.

Thanks,
Anand.

Manoj Aswani

Apr 30, 2013, 5:25:05 AM4/30/13
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Probably the cause of the problem.

You can use your browser to download it. Firefox and chrome have good resume capabilities.

Thanks,
Anand.

Although the downloader is showing successful 100% download, still I will download it once more.
Thanks Anand for the help. It was my first post and felt happy for instant and satisfactory replies.