Quality of Translations

Christoph H. Larsen

Jul 21, 2014, 10:01:19 PM7/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
This is really an appeal NOT to the developers team, but te community: I noted that some of the translations contained in [application]/translations/[language].csv are, quite frankly, atrocious. I guess this is something for native speakers to look into, yet before starting it would be good to know, how any such manual efforts will be preserved across upcoming versions, as you seems to use the Google translation API (correct me, if I am wrong!). Let me know -
Thanks a lot!
Chris

MidnightBolt

Aug 13, 2014, 2:56:14 PM8/13/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just started work on the translations for the dutch language. It's a mess :D See https://github.com/MidnightBolt/erpnext for progress.

Upon completion I will enter a pull request.

Regards,

M.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 13, 2014, 11:57:05 PM8/13/14
On 14-Aug-2014, at 12:26 am, MidnightBolt <dennis....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I just started work on the translations for the dutch language. It's a mess :D See https://github.com/MidnightBolt/erpnext for progress.

Upon completion I will enter a pull request.

Thanks ! Awesome :)

You will also have to fix translations for

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/57014a93-9a5a-46c3-9f22-26321421be12%40googlegroups.com.

Y Y

Aug 18, 2014, 8:52:18 AM8/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
When i do chinese translation, i would like to say, it would be better leave pure english(don't let google do translation). As it is a nightmare to change google's translation, as in different country, the sentence is in a different way, especially for those translation need context information.

I've spent almost 6 days on translation, however, the progress is till on 30-40%.

在 2014年7月22日星期二UTC+8上午10时01分19秒,Christoph H. Larsen写道:

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 18, 2014, 12:40:38 PM8/18/14
On 18-Aug-2014, at 6:22 pm, Y Y <yangy...@gmail.com> wrote:

When i do chinese translation, i would like to say, it would be better leave pure english(don't let google do translation). As it is a nightmare to change google's translation, as in different country, the sentence is in a different way, especially for those translation need context information.

I've spent almost 6 days on translation, however, the progress is till on 30-40%.

Awesome thanks! Waiting for your PR :)

[...]

Dhaifallah Alwadani

Aug 18, 2014, 12:51:17 PM8/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I think using tools such as crowdin.com would greatly help in allowing non-technicals to join and help.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 18, 2014, 1:09:00 PM8/18/14
On 18-Aug-2014, at 10:21 pm, Dhaifallah Alwadani <dalw...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think using tools such as crowdin.com would greatly help in allowing non-technicals to join and help.

Ah - that would cost a lot of money per year... maybe someone can write a small app (half day work?) :P

On Tuesday, 22 July 2014 03:01:19 UTC+1, Christoph H. Larsen wrote:
[...]

Dhaifallah Alwadani

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 18, 2014, 11:47:19 PM8/18/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! missed that - will surely look into it.

best,
Rushabh

@rushabh_mehta

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/b5c39a08-99e2-43c2-b6fe-6facdea36fea%40googlegroups.com.

Abdel Gadiel Martínez Lassonde

Aug 21, 2014, 5:07:59 PM8/21/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
rushabh, how will work the translation process then?

I would like to contribute on Spanish translations.

Rushabh Mehta

Dennis Decoene

Aug 22, 2014, 4:11:02 AM8/22/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Sure would like to participate for the dutch translations!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/EED944D6-9F50-4FB9-81ED-EBD8220327EF%40gmail.com.

Barnabás Kovács

Dhaifallah Alwadani

Aug 22, 2014, 10:23:46 AM8/22/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
And my axe :) JK

I can help with the Arabic translation.

Dhaifallah Alwadani

Aug 22, 2014, 5:30:42 PM8/22/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I have run across this tool http://weblate.org you might want to give it a look. I like how it integrate with git.
Dhaif

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 23, 2014, 12:00:13 AM8/23/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Cool will have a look at this. There will be something up early next week :)

@rushabh_mehta
via mobile
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/a99ac705-3241-4754-9570-dd6dbe4d981b%40googlegroups.com.

Dennis Decoene

Aug 23, 2014, 7:01:58 AM8/23/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Maybe try transifex.com too, they have a free open source account too.

Op 23-aug.-2014 06:00 schreef "Rushabh Mehta" <rme...@gmail.com>:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/F0157A50-62B9-487F-8354-B8F6DF437117%40gmail.com.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 28, 2014, 5:35:14 AM8/28/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com, dennis....@gmail.com, kbarna...@gmail.com, abdel.g.m...@gmail.com, dalw...@gmail.com, christoph...@gmail.com, yangy...@gmail.com
Dear all,

The translation portal is now live!

https://frappe.io/translator

Please try it out and send your comments :)

btw, We looked at all the apps and even signed up for transifex but finally we realized it might be easy to build one in frappe :)

Source:
(These translations will be updated approx once a week)

best,
Rushabh

Twitter: @rushabh_mehta

Barnabás Kovács

Aug 28, 2014, 5:42:54 AM8/28/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, fine!

But how can I add new language?
For example Hungarian (magyar)?

best,
Barnabás
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

[...]

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 28, 2014, 5:51:06 AM8/28/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Ah - that is something we will have to add...

Please add a GitHub Issue - we will add it as soon as possible.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/ed612adb-a184-42b4-b30a-85369a6db293%40googlegroups.com.

Arne Gellhaus

Aug 28, 2014, 7:07:06 AM8/28/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
It would be helpful if own translations were marked in some way.

And both translations
Account {0} does not belong to Company {1}
Account {0} does not belong to company: {1}
should be merged.

Arne

Abdel G. Martínez L.

Aug 28, 2014, 7:56:35 AM8/28/14
to Rushabh Mehta, erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com, dennis....@gmail.com, kbarna...@gmail.com, dalw...@gmail.com, christoph...@gmail.com, yangy...@gmail.com
Great news!

You got an official Spanish translator here.

Regards!

--
Abdel G. Martínez L.

Arne Gellhaus

Aug 28, 2014, 9:12:39 AM8/28/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
And you *may* have a problem with HTML tags in translations.

Arne

Arne Gellhaus, Gellhaus GmbH
Oberwinzerfeld 21
45529 Hattingen

Fon:   +49 (0)2324-85003
Mobil: +49 (0)173-5383225
Email: a...@gellhaus.de
Geschäftsführer: Arne Gellhaus, Volker Gellhaus
Handelsregister: HRB 19007, Amtsgericht Essen

Christoph H. Larsen

Aug 30, 2014, 8:32:08 AM8/30/14
to Rushabh Mehta, erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com, dennis....@gmail.com, kbarna...@gmail.com, abdel.g.m...@gmail.com, dalw...@gmail.com, yangy...@gmail.com
Excellent! I am especially pleased with the fact that you went for a
Frappé platform!
Greetings from Kampala,
Chris

--