ledger balance

gangadhar kadam

Mar 5, 2013, 9:31:36 AM3/5/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
   I have to fetch ledger balance in sales invoice. Is there any function exists for this?

Thank you

Regards,
Gangadhar kadam

Nabin Hait

Mar 5, 2013, 11:57:01 PM3/5/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gangadhar,

Check "get_balance_on" function in accounts/utils.py. The function returns account balance on any given date.
If you want to call from client side use wn.call method. For example, you can check accounts/doctype/journal_voucher/journal_voucher.js

Regards,
Nabin Hait

गंगाधर कदम

Mar 6, 2013, 4:15:34 AM3/6/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Nabin Sir,
    I have gone through the code ,for get_balance_on function we pass account and it returns the amount for that account. I have to implement this logic on selection of customer  in sales invoice. I have check the customer and Account doctype these dont have any direct relation between them. How can i implement this logic.

Regards,
Gangadhar kadam
--
Thanks & Regards,
Mr.Gangadhar N.Kadam.

Software Engineer,
New Indictrans Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Pune

SAVE TREES - Please consider the environment before printing this email.

SAVE ENERGY - My monitor is off whenever I am away from my desk. I am helping  prevent global warming by reducing consumption of power... ARE YOU?

Anand Doshi

Mar 6, 2013, 4:23:19 AM3/6/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gangadhar,

Account that is of Master Type "Customer" has a link to the Customer.

Thanks,
Anand.