good interview article

Daniel Liechty

Mar 22, 2016, 3:34:35 PM3/22/16
to GENERATIVE-DE...@listserv.ilstu.edu
Good interview, of interest to Becker folks...

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/03/by-heart/474657/

This message was sent using Illinois State University RedbirdMail

Michael Baumgardner

Mar 27, 2016, 8:38:42 AM3/27/16
to GENERATIVE-DE...@listserv.ilstu.edu
Thanks for passing this along Dan. Very interesting read.

Michael

Tommy Schmitz

Mar 30, 2016, 7:53:37 PM3/30/16
to GENERATIVE-DE...@listserv.ilstu.edu

Thank you Dan. Her feelings are so compellingly expressed I wish she we're here right now so I could give her a big hug. Tommy

Tommy Schmitz

Steve James

Apr 1, 2016, 7:47:48 PM4/1/16
to GENERATIVE-DE...@listserv.ilstu.edu
Dan,

Thank you for this article. I think Melissa Broder articulates one of
the major differentiators between Ernest Becker and related thinkers
like Stephen Cave, Martin Seligman and Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.
Becker does not shy away from the pain associated with contemplating
one’s own death. He also does not flinch from an explanation for the
evil that lurks within large scale death denial. Becker’s use of
dramatic language like “horror” and “terror” are his artistic attempts
to express the human emotion involved and the stakes in play.

Steve James