Site redesign

1 view

Dmitrii Dimandt

Jan 1, 2009, 10:20:58 AM1/1/09
to ErlyWeb
My feeble attempt at subj:

http://files.dmitriid.com/erlyweb/index.html

The source can be downloaded here:
http://files.dmitriid.com/erlyweb/site.zip

Notes:
- development snapshot can simply lead to github. e date is the date of the
latest github commit
- documentation should not point to the docs themselves, but to a separate
page that should contain links to tutorials and erlyweb reference

What say ye?

:)

Mason Browne

Jan 2, 2009, 11:08:57 PM1/2/09
to erl...@googlegroups.com
That's pretty hot. Not gonna lie.

My only suggestions:

1) "development snapshot,<BREAK> Oct 19, 2008" looks _very_ awkward to
me when it's broken up over two lines, with the date below the rest.
It's that trailing comma. Perhaps "development snapshot<BREAK>(Oct
19, 2008)".

2) I feel like the left column is missing a heading on top. I guess
it's a weight issue. The first three items are treated as top-level
links, while everything else on the same page with the same style is
treated as second-level navigation. Either those first three items
should have increased weight (to show they're top-level) or a heading
should be added (to make their style consistent with the rest of the
page).

So basically, these are very nit-picky issues that I, a non-designer,
have, and can probably be ignored. But those are my thoughts.

Dmitrii Dimandt

Jan 3, 2009, 8:28:13 AM1/3/09
to erl...@googlegroups.com

--On January 2, 2009 9:08:57 PM -0700 Mason Browne <sin...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> That's pretty hot. Not gonna lie.

Thank you *blush*

> My only suggestions:

Implemented :)

> So basically, these are very nit-picky issues that I, a non-designer,
> have, and can probably be ignored. But those are my thoughts.

Since I'm not a designer myself, any suggestions are welcome :)

Yariv Sadan

Jan 9, 2009, 1:02:24 PM1/9/09
to erl...@googlegroups.com
Wow that does look fantastic. Great job! I'll take it live this weekend.

(sorry for the late reply)

Yariv Sadan

Jan 20, 2009, 10:48:29 PM1/20/09
to erl...@googlegroups.com
It's live. I just changed the colors a bit to add contrast. Thanks again!

Dmitrii Dimandt

Jan 23, 2009, 6:45:58 AM1/23/09
to erl...@googlegroups.com

--On January 20, 2009 7:48:29 PM -0800 Yariv Sadan <yariv...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's live. I just changed the colors a bit to add contrast. Thanks again!

Yippee!!! :)))

One thing though.. Development snapshot currently points to nowhere. It
should at least point to GitHub

Thomas Allen

Mar 2, 2009, 9:40:26 PM3/2/09
to erlyweb
It looks great! I brought up an idea for a redesign a while back but
never had the time to really get into it.

Thomas