gpl blog in erlyweb/yaws

Buggaboo

Apr 1, 2009, 3:16:33 PM4/1/09
to erlyweb
Hi guys, gals, carbon-based, phosphor-based lifeforms, ethereal
beings,

I have an announcement to make:

I'd like to share with you my blog project in erlyweb/yaws

http://code.google.com/p/erlywog/

Yes the name sucks, but that's because someone used erlyblog before
and google code enforces a policy of non-reusable project names.
What's in a name...

How to start it up:

0. install yaws, erlyweb, mysql (you probably already have)
1. go to "erlywog/blog", do "make"
2. create a database in mysql called, "erlywog_blog"
3. run the shell script in scripts/ called "import_blog_db.sh"
4. run the shell script in scripts/ called "change_password.sh
pwned4eva"
5. run the shell script in scripts/ called "create_db_user.sh"

6. If everything went fine with actions 1-5, you can run: run-blog.sh

Atm, there's no fancy way of adding comments, but the view is there,
no fancy way of adding new weblogs, I hope I can fix that with the
magic stuff... I plan to make in the near future...

There's some misguided attempt at making a tight security system...

In short: it's pretty useless atm. I'd like some help please.

If you'd like to join in on the fun, please send your patches to
buggasnoo at <googol mail service>.