Unable to generate a project configuration from available metadata.

enewhuis

Sep 19, 2012, 11:05:13 AM9/19/12
to erlware-questions
I am getting "Unable to generate a project configuration from
available metadata" with the latest sinan. Since I cannot find a
specification anywhere of what sinan is looking for I am not sure what
to ask.

Eric Merrit

Sep 19, 2012, 11:10:37 AM9/19/12
to erlware-...@googlegroups.com
This usually is because Sinan can't figure out where your project root is. If you are building in a new project with no sinan.config and no _build directory and it has multiple directories it can happen.

There are three ways to fix this and all of them are more or less equal.

1) Drop a sinan.config in your root. That is a permanent fix
2) create a _build in your root
3) run sinan with 'sinan -p <project-name> -n <project-vsn>' in the root

enew...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2012, 11:24:01 AM9/19/12
to erlware-...@googlegroups.com
Great!  (and hi!)

Where is the spec for what goes in a sinan.config?  There is a sinan.cfg but I'd bet things have evolved.  This is the same ol' eCD project structure.  A top-level directory with a lib subdir containing all the individual applications.