New Erlware Deprecations

Eric Merritt

Apr 5, 2013, 1:42:30 PM4/5/13
to erlwa...@googlegroups.com, erlware-...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

It seems that there are just a couple of things left for us to deprecate.

I propose that we deprecate the following.

sinan (http://github.com/erlware/sinan)
gen_socket (http://github.com/erlware/gen_socket)
ktuo (http://github.com/erlware/ktuo)

As always, if someone wants to own these, we are more then willing to transfer ownership and maintenance.

Eric

Alex Kaplan

Apr 5, 2013, 3:14:05 PM4/5/13
to erlware-...@googlegroups.com
Eric, how come sinan? Do you recommend just using rebar?

Alex

Eric Merritt

Apr 5, 2013, 3:31:19 PM4/5/13
to erlware-...@googlegroups.com
We have actually been talking about deprecating sinan for a long time, mostly in response to the fact that rebar won and there is no real need to split the community. We couldn't do it though until we pulled the release building stuff out of sinan.

Now that that release building stuff has all been pulled out to create Relcool, we recommend Rebar (or make, whatever works for you) + Relcool as a replacement for sinan.

Jordan Wilberding

Apr 8, 2013, 8:08:59 PM4/8/13
to erlwa...@googlegroups.com, erlware-...@googlegroups.com
All projects now moved to our deprecated area: https://github.com/organizations/erlware-deprecated