A new screencast

Eric B Merritt

Dec 25, 2011, 12:43:29 PM12/25/11
to erlwa...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

I did a talk in DC about Sinan last month and decided to turn it into a
screencast. I am hoping some of you can take a listen just to proof it
before I do a general release. Its 32 minutes long so its a big favor.

http://vimeo.com/34177001

Let me know what you think guys.

Eric

Jordan Wilberding

Dec 27, 2011, 8:00:25 AM12/27/11
to erlwa...@googlegroups.com
I think the flow and everything is good. The one problem is that your font is very small. It is readable only when in full screen. I am not sure if it is worth re-doing the whole thing, but next time you should in crease your font size dramatically.

Thanks!
JW

Eric

Eric B Merritt

Dec 27, 2011, 8:16:03 AM12/27/11
to erlwa...@googlegroups.com
I did the screen cast on a large screen and think about the font
effects. I will make sure that doesnt happen here for the next one.

Thanks!
Eric

> +unsub...@googlegroups.com.

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/erlware-dev?hl=en.
>

> --

> +unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Eric B Merritt

Dec 30, 2011, 9:58:33 AM12/30/11
to Torben Hoffmann, erlwa...@googlegroups.com

> How about setting up a gitit server for erlware to make it easier for us
> to collaborate on spreading the word about erlware? It would be a bit
> narrower than my erlium.org idea, but it would have the distinct benefit
> that the context for what should be talked about is clear. And Sinan
> needs a good explanation of OTP concepts before you realise how much
> such a tool does for you.

I think thats a great idea. Here is what I propose in the short term.

Each project already has its own wiki. Though all but sinan's are empty.
Cross project linking is trivial in github. So I went ahead and enabled
an erlware wiki here ->

https://github.com/erlware/erlware.github.com/wiki

Sinan has a wiki that I have been posting to quite a bit. I have just
been using the github wiki -> https://github.com/erlware/sinan

Erlware commons has one two.

I will figure out a way to make the wiki prominent on the erlware.org
main page or as the erlware.org main page. I think this makes sense
since we are a project oriented organization.

This has the upside of giving us a place to have things right now and
making it such that everyone can contribute. It has the downside that
its a little embedded in github. However, thats ok for now. Better to
have something then nothing I think.

what do you think?

Torben Hoffmann

Dec 30, 2011, 11:02:45 AM12/30/11
to Eric B Merritt, erlwa...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a good start - I just looked up how the github wiki works and it is remarkably similar to gitit. Both in operation and in supported formats, so it is a splendid way to get started without having to set up a server.

Cheers,
Torben

Sent from my iPhone

Eric B Merritt

Dec 30, 2011, 11:05:17 AM12/30/11
to Torben Hoffmann, erlwa...@googlegroups.com
Exactly, I really like it. You can also access it directly from git. For
me that means I can use my normal emacs+markdown-mode and be in editing
bliss.