COST action on CIDOC CRM

Vladimir Alexiev

Oct 15, 2013, 10:29:44 AM10/15/13
to Crm-sig, erlang...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Some of the ideas for easier collaboration discussed at the CRMEX workshop (www.ontotext.com/CRMEX) were:

1. Establish a COST action on CIDOC CRM. This will fund everyone's travel, and we can do summer schools, workshops/seminars, take short-term missions, etc.
2. Do more of the work online.

COST is very inclusive. 2 people per country will be in the Management Committee of the action, and they will decide about meetings/workshops, and can invite anyone to meetings.
Starting a COST action is not hard: http://www.cost.eu/participate/open_call
- We should decide whether to submit in one COST Domain (that would be Individuals, Societies, Cultures and Health - ISCH) or a Trans-Domain Proposal (TDP).
Any opinions? I tend towards TDP since the procedure seems to be lighter (less buraucracy).
How can we check the acceptance rates under the two variants?
- Unfortunately we've missed the current deadline (27 Sep, that was just 1d after the workshop).
I think the next deadline is Mar 2014 but I'm not sure.

Who would like to organize a COST submission?
- If you think this is a fruitful idea and give us your support, Ontotext is willing to take charge of making such proposal
- At CRMEX 2013, Franco Niccolucci hinted he has experience with COST

Best regards! Vladimir