CRM namespace and redirects; CRM Time prop names

1 view

Vladimir Alexiev

May 23, 2013, 7:46:06 AM5/23/13
to crm-sig, erlang...@googlegroups.com
I've read carefully the CIDOC-CRM URIs NAMESPACE PROPOSAL (using 303-redirect mechanism) at
http://www.cidoc-crm.org/docs/cidoc-crm%20naming%20proposal%20(303-redirect)_v3.pdf
(It's called "CIDOC CRM generic (version independent) namespace proposal for the interpretation of the CIDOC CRM as RDF schema" on the main page)

I am very glad that the SIG has made an official namespace!
I'm also glad that the ECRM names were adopted, so I hope the ECRM community will also move towards this namespace.

I'd like to propose the following corrections:

- slide 6 "Request for property or class: redirects (303 see other) to e.g.
http://www.cidoc-crm.org/rdfs/5.0.4/cidoc-crm.rdf#E5"
I suggest to skip the anchor part "#E5" because a semantic agent cannot do anything with it (only browsers jump to anchors)

- slide 7 "Backwards compatibility
URIs such as http://www.cidoc-crm.org/cidoc-crm/E5 will also be valid and identical to http://www.cidoc-crm.org/cidoc-crm/E5_Event"

This statement should be supplemented by an RDF file with the relevant
owl:equivalentProperty and owl:equivalentClass declarations

---

I also think that this file:
http://www.cidoc-crm.org/rdfs/time_spans.rdfs
should be brought in line with the above naming.

E.g. P81b should be renamed to P81i_begin_of_the_end.
That’s what we use in RS, and I sent a corrected file half a year ago.
I also had corrections to the Russian, e.g. "начать в конце" is incorrect.