Can we force Erlang-Rabbitmq to start only if self signed certificates has CN as its system hostname

Arun Kumar

Aug 19, 2018, 11:53:19 PM8/19/18
to Erlang Questions
I have a single system with Erlang 20 rabbitmq 3.6.12 installed. I have generated self signed certificates with CN=test and rabbitmq TLS configuration was enabled and broker started successfully. I raised a question at rabbitmq-users google group and I was informed TLS implementation is handled by Erlang.
Given any common name (CN) or Subject alternative name  in the SSL certificates, the Erl-rabbitmq starts successfully (Ex:CN=test), but I want to restrict how Erl-rabbitmq uses SSL certificates and should start only if the certificates are meant for itself (that system). That is, the Erlang-rabbitmq should start only if the SSLCertificates are generated for that system hostname or IP. If any other certificates having CN / SAN different from this system hostname, I want the Erl-rabbitmq to report it or not start at all.