[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R14B02 has been released

Kenneth Lundin

Mar 16, 2011, 10:32:22 AM3/16/11
to erlang-...@erlang.org, Erlang Users' List
Erlang/OTP R14B02 has been released.

This release is mainly a stabilization of the R14B02 release (but there are
some new functionality as well).

You can find the README file for the release at

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B02.readme

The source distribution and binary distribution for Windows can be
downloaded from

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B02.tar.gz
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win32_R14B02.exe

The distribution can also be downloaded using the BitTorrent
protocol. Use the following torrent files to download the source
distribution and binary distribution for Windows:

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B02.tar.gz.torrent
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win32_R14B02.exe.torrent

Note: To unpack the TAR archive you need a GNU TAR compatible program.

For installation instructions please read the README file that is part
of the distribution.

The on-line documentation can be found at: http://www.erlang.org/doc/
You can also download the complete HTML documentation or the Unix manual files

http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_html_R14B02.tar.gz
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_doc_man_R14B02.tar.gz

We also want to thank those that sent us patches, suggestions and bug
reports,

The Erlang/OTP Team
Kenneth Lundin, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB

Kenneth Lundin

Mar 16, 2011, 10:41:56 AM3/16/11
to erlang-...@erlang.org, Erlang Users' List
Sorry I hit the send button to early.

A small correction regarding the paths to the torrents:

> The distribution can also be downloaded using the BitTorrent
> protocol. Use the following torrent files to download the source
> distribution and binary distribution for Windows:
>

> http://www.erlang.org/download/torrents/otp_src_R14B02.tar.gz.torrent
> http://www.erlang.org/download/torrents/otp_win32_R14B02.exe.torrent

Damian Dobroczyński

Mar 17, 2011, 6:51:39 AM3/17/11
to erlang-q...@erlang.org

Hi.

I downloaded, compiled and tried to "make docs" and "make install-docs".
The first went fine. The result of the latter is the following:

escript: exception error: undefined function xmerl:export_simple/2
in function erl_eval:do_apply/5
in call from erl_eval:expr/5
in call from erl_eval:exprs/5
in call from erl_eval:local_func/5
in call from escript:interpret/4
in call from escript:start/1
in call from init:start_it/1

So, I installed without docs ("make install") and then tried again. The
result was the same. So I removed all escript links and files that I had
had already (some artifacts from previous releases and such) so that I
had only fresh escript in the installation directory and a link in the
prefix (/usr/local/bin) directory. The result was the same. Can somebody
help me, please?

D.

0x0CAE3AEB.asc
signature.asc

Lukas Larsson

Mar 17, 2011, 6:59:03 AM3/17/11
to Damian Dobroczyński, erlang-q...@erlang.org
It seems to me like xmerl is not in the erlang install which is in your path. Check that xmerl-x.y.z is in the lib/ dir of the erlang you have in your path. or alternatively that you can load the xmerl module in a normal erlang shell.

Lukas

Hi.

D.

Kazuhiro Ogura

Mar 21, 2011, 3:28:22 AM3/21/11
to erlang-q...@erlang.org
Hi,

I had the same error, and after some struggles,
finally I changed the shebang line of
lib/erl_docgen/priv/bin/xref_mod_app.escript
to the absolute path to escript, and it worked.

-#!/usr/bin/env escript
+#!/usr/local/bin/escript

I don't know why it worked,
so I can't tell whether this works for you or not.

Sure I have xmlerl-x.y.z in the lib/ dir, and I can load xmerl in a
normal erlang shell.
Also what's strange is that when I manually execute the command,
(which fails complaining about exception about xmerl:export_simple/2
in the make process),
it succeeds without any errors.

(May be some envvar passed to script is doing something wrong?)

Kazuhiro Ogura

Boris Mühmer

Mar 21, 2011, 4:41:26 AM3/21/11
to Kazuhiro Ogura, erlang-q...@erlang.org
Could You please say, which OS You use?

I reported this "strange behavior" for Ubuntu 10.04 / 10.10 some time ago.

- boris

Kazuhiro Ogura

Mar 23, 2011, 8:24:36 AM3/23/11
to Boris Mühmer, erlang-q...@erlang.org
It was CentOS 5.5 (on vmware).

K.Ogura

rholmes

Apr 28, 2011, 5:24:01 PM4/28/11
to erlang-q...@erlang.org

bsmr wrote:

> Could You please say, which OS You use?
>
> I reported this "strange behavior" for Ubuntu 10.04 / 10.10 some time ago.
>
> See http://www.erlang.org/faq.html

Just for the record, I experienced the same problem on Macintosh (OS X
10.6.7 "Snow Leopard") -- the workaround was the same as Kasuhiro Ogura
described. Other than Java running out of memory a few times (?!?!) both
the executable and the document install went great and I'm having fun with
the language!