Asn.1 OER support

Thibaud Rouillé

Nov 3, 2021, 3:53:17 PM11/3/21
to erlang-q...@erlang.org
Hello!

I am wondering if the Erlang Asn.1 compiler will get OER encoding rules support. Does anyone know if OER support is planned on a future OTP release ?

Kenneth Lundin

Apr 12, 2022, 4:11:14 AM4/12/22
to Thibaud Rouillé, erlang-q...@erlang.org
Very late answer, but anyway.

No we have no plans to support OER encoding rules. I did not even know about OER until I read this mail. Where is it used?
If it would become used in a standard that is relevant for telecom or other communication than it might be interesting for us to support it. But I don't think there are
such cases right now.

/Kenneth, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson

Thibaud Rouillé

Apr 19, 2022, 10:21:29 AM4/19/22
to Kenneth Lundin, erlang-q...@erlang.org
Hi Kenneth,
No worries for the late reply, here a non exhaustive list of where OER rules are used :

- NTCIP for traffic lights controllers and variable message signs : https://www.ntcip.org/file/2021/03/1102v0115p.pdf
- V2x for security certificates format / PKI communication as described in IEEE 1609.2 and ETSI 103.097 : https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/103000_103099/103097/01.04.01_60/ts_103097v010401p.pdf
- Also in the Interledger project : https://github.com/interledger/rfcs/tree/master/asn1

Thibaud Rouillé