Functional Katas first meetup at Trinity

round crisis

Dec 20, 2013, 10:02:43 AM12/20/13
to erlang-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there

I was trying to figure if there was enough interest for a functional katas meetup and finally we are making it happen

Where: Trinity College, Lloyd building, Room 1.20 (First floor) http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/map.php?b=249

When: 15th of January 2013 from 6.30pm to 8pm (maybe going to the pub afters)

How does it work/What are we doing?

Bring your laptop and solve a problem (some people call it code kata) we give you in any functional programming language in 50 minutes, after we compare all the solutions (ideally we ll have people trying out different programming languages and we can see how they are different)

As long as you can more or less solve a problem you are ready to come along, the idea is that we all get better at writing functional code by practice.

Why

* Learn functional programming with people from different backgrounds and interests

* Practice functional coding skills by working on fun problems

* Compare the solutions with other languages

Please register so we know how many to expect http://functionalkats.tumblr.com/post/70587488630/first-meeting-trinity-college