Re: Where can I find an online anti-virus that doesn't install on your PC?

Message has been deleted

G Bulmer

Sep 23, 2009, 11:59:47 AM9/23/09
to Erlang DTrace

On Sep 23, 4:23 pm, trilbeefreeberg81513
<trilbeefreeberg81...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got 5 PCs that I'm trying to use to train disadvantaged young
> people. The problem is they are riddled with viruses and a firewall
> blocks me from updating them. The people in charge of maintaining the
> PCs won't fix them or give me the admin password (Win XP) to let me
> install a new or updated antivirus the centre is being shut down in a
> few months.
>
> If they were working, I could still do a lot with them, so I've been
> looking for a good online virus scan - but they all try to download a
> little .exe onto your PC first, and the settings on the PCs won't
> allow that.
>
> Suggestions? Solutions? Links?

That is a good question, but probably for a different group.
Are you interested in DTrace or Erlang?

GB
Message has been deleted

G Bulmer

Sep 23, 2009, 7:51:19 PM9/23/09
to Erlang DTrace

On 23 Sep, 22:46, martelslater58902 <martelslater58...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >so I've been looking for a good online virus scan
>
> I usually use this onehttp://pmcware.com/freedowns

Interestingly this person (martelslater58902) has posted the identical
question posed by
trilbeefreeberg81513 to another group, so I assume this is actually
spam.