Apache vs Yaws (erlang web server)

William Schroeder

Feb 15, 2010, 11:24:01 AM2/15/10
to erlang-c...@googlegroups.com
http://www.sics.se/~joe/apachevsyaws.html

The apache portion is still true today, since the underlying
connection-handling has not changed since the publication of this data.
I was in error, remembering this data in the "millions" when I brought
this up before. ;) My initial takeaway from these stats was the Yaws
hands down crushed the Apache competition.

Note that this is over 80,000 connections vs 4,000 on one machine. Also,
they did not take the test further to find Yaws's fail point; it is
unclear if hitting 90,000 or a million connections finally breaks it.
This might be because they would have had to add a bunch more machines
to their test cluster to generate the load or because the main machine
did not have enough memory to handle additional load.

William Schroeder
Genome Sequencing Center