Erlounge in March

Knut Nesheim

Mar 25, 2013, 10:46:25 AM3/25/13
to erlang...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

End of March Madness is here and it's time for the Berlin Erlang User Group again. I've been attending the Erlang Factory in San Francisco so I haven't had time before now to set this up.

Next meetup is Wednesday 27th, at the Wooga office (Saarbrucker str 38). I was thinking of presenting "locker", a distributed consistent locking service (http://www.erlang-factory.com/conference/SFBay2013/speakers/KnutNesheim).

If anyone has anything to present, please shout out now! :-)

Regards
Knut

Heinz Nikolaus Gies

Mar 26, 2013, 3:51:34 AM3/26/13
to erlang...@googlegroups.com
I could offer on of:

- e plugin a plugin library for erlang
- e kstatat a kstat interface library
- putting custom dtrace probes in erlang code

neither greatly prepared but might be of interesting.

Cheers,
Heinz

Message has been deleted

Jacob Erlbeck

Mar 26, 2013, 7:36:24 AM3/26/13
to erlang...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would really like to present and discuss a project I'm currently working on.

It's a language extension to extend the possibilities of bitstring creation and pattern matching.

One goal was to match and deconstruct complete MPEG4 NAL units in a single
match or clause. This means handling stuff like exp-golomb encoded fields
(that's some kind of entropy encoding that hasn't a fixed field size) and
conditional parts.

Cheers,

Jacob

Knut Nesheim

Mar 27, 2013, 4:41:05 AM3/27/13
to erlang...@googlegroups.com
Maybe we could do three presentations of 30 minutes each?

Knut

Jacob Erlbeck

Mar 27, 2013, 6:10:13 AM3/27/13
to erlang...@googlegroups.com
> Maybe we could do three presentations of 30 minutes each?

Would be ok for me,

Jacob

Heinz Nikolaus Gies

Mar 27, 2013, 12:39:58 PM3/27/13
to erlang...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a plan :) also I don't have any urge just offering to fill holes since it was hard to get presentations going in the past ;)

Cheers,
Heinz