[erjang-dev] Node naming (was: Re: Major changes :) )

Erik Søe Sørensen

Jan 18, 2011, 4:39:15 PM1/18/11
to Kresten Krab Thorup, Pavlo Baron, erj...@googlegroups.com
Funny...
When I try using -name on the node I ping from, then it complains about
using a non-qualified name. (My machine doesn't have a fully-qualified
name, just "mcilroy").

Using "-sname x@mcilroy" or "-sname x" works fine. And using "-name
x@mcilroy" on the other node (the pingee) isn't a problem either.

Apparently you can only use the option (-name or -sname) which
corresponds with the hostname...

(Thanks for the explanation, btw.)