Fwd: Re: [erjang] Re: Triq.hrl

Erik Søe Sørensen

Jan 11, 2011, 6:20:57 PM1/11/11
to erj...@googlegroups.com
Linux test done - made a slight change.

Apparently you can't expect converting from binary to binary via String
to go well... :-)

Regarding "For the triq test it would be sufficient to run erl and ej on
command line and compare results.":
In fact, TestRunFile currently tries to handle two kinds of test, only
one of which it is able to handle:
(1) Deterministic tests, which are run on the two platforms and the
comparison is done afterwards ("offline" comparison).
(2) Randomized tests in which Triq verifies conditions which evaluate
stuff on the two platforms and compare the results - and that comparison
is used to guide the Triq run.

TestRunFile does (1), but for (2) you need a named Erlang node running
while the Erjang node runs a Triq test. ("Online" comparison, which is
strictly more powerful than "offline").

This is something we still need to support; I suggest we put the two
kinds of .erl test files in separate directories.
We could of course also run both kinds of test in the type (2) setting -
and adapt run_wrapper accordingly.
However, I'm not sure it's a good idea to make all tests rely on a
working distribution subsystem...

/Erik

Den 06-01-2011 13:25, Pavlo Baron skrev:
> implemented and pushed to github. Each .erl test now needs just
> seconds to run, and for sure much less PermGen space (going to play
> with the settings later)
>
> :)
>
> PS: please do a Unix test - I only did Cygwin yet. Neet to setup the
> whole environment on my FreeBSD box or in a VirtualBox... Thx
>
> On 5 Jan., 11:31, pbit....@googlemail.com wrote:
>> I think both is necessary and a bit different. For the triq test it would be sufficient to run erl and ej on command line and compare results. Any optimization which helps reduce startup time of ej and makes it more flexible such as dynamic code loading, alternative start scripts etc does automatically improve it, also for tests
>> Von meinem drahtlosen BlackBerry�-Handheld gesendet
[snip]