The Lincoln Center festival

Terry

Sep 7, 2010, 10:52:39 AM9/7/10
to Eric Rohmer for the ages
Went at the end of August to a screening of Tale of Winter. I got my
wife to come along as a birthday concession. I would have taken her to
Autumn Tale if the schedule had worked out right, just because it is
the prettiest of the lot in terms of scenery, but instead we went to
my personal favorite Rohmer. She makes a career of disliking Rohmer,
but the movie got to her right away, so by the end, she had to admit
that she like it. The woman next to me exclaimed "That's the best
Rohmer film I've ever seen." As the half full audience walked out, you
could feel the phenomenon that I call the "Rohmer Glow" everywhere
around you.

Linda Dyett

Sep 7, 2010, 10:59:29 AM9/7/10
to eric-rohmer-...@googlegroups.com
I went to four screenings--including the one with the Rohmer interview.
Much to report. Later this week.