Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

1 view

Lee Paul

Apr 15, 2011, 2:46:54 PM4/15/11
to ERHSo...@googlegroups.com

- Lee

Lee Paul
Independent Education Management Professional

Confirm that you know Lee

© 2011, LinkedIn Corporation

Lee Paul

Apr 15, 2011, 2:46:54 PM4/15/11
to ERHSo...@googlegroups.com

e.c.

Apr 15, 2011, 3:37:47 PM4/15/11
to erhso...@googlegroups.com
Got this from Lee Paul. Is it legit? Why did I get it? I thought I had
bullet-proof spam filtering from gmail.

Ed

On 4/15/11, Lee Paul <DrP...@aol.com> wrote:

> - Lee
>
> Lee Paul
> Independent Education Management Professional
>

> Confirm that you know Lee Paul
> https://www.linkedin.com/e/-b0pt4d-gmjgzaez-4q/isd/2704780973/ObAhAzID/EML-invite_guest_no_snack_59/
>
> (c) LinkedIn 2011

Norman Fiering

Apr 15, 2011, 3:42:14 PM4/15/11
to erhso...@googlegroups.com, Paul Lee
I got the same, and what is strange, his name is Paul Lee, not Lee Paul.  I am copying Paul specifically. If it is the one and only Paul Lee from Santa Cruz, colleague of Page Smith's, etc., he has my endorsement. Paul should let us know.

Norman
Norman Fiering
(Director and Librarian, Emeritus
John Carter Brown Library)
Correspondence should be directed to:
P. O. Box 603233, Providence, RI 02906

Ed C.

Apr 15, 2011, 4:17:44 PM4/15/11
to erhso...@googlegroups.com
It sounded a little too personal to be legit since I don't know him. If
it had said .... to add all members of erhsociety to my professional...
then I might not have worried. I am in LinkedIn, but only because I had
to join to look for contact info on an acquaintance. I didn't vouchsafe
any details there, so I suspected that the sollicitation had to be the
result of datamining. Anyway, your endorsement of him is good enough for me.

Thanks,

Ed

Norman Fiering

Apr 15, 2011, 4:33:16 PM4/15/11
to erhso...@googlegroups.com
I deleted it all, because it may be phony. Paul Lee is a wonderful person and an original, but I would be surprised if he would start calling himself Lee Paul professionally.  Anyway, let's see if he answer my query.

Norman

Paul Lee

Apr 15, 2011, 7:27:42 PM4/15/11
to erhso...@googlegroups.com
why did they get my name backward    sounds like I'm an idiot illegit son of Ron Paul
still basking in the warm glow of your finessed effort
any word on national service in D.C
why don't you read my Letter to the Athenians which I wrote in the key of Eugen    let alone St. Paul
ecotopia.org       I'd appreciate your response

Emeth Hesed

Apr 15, 2011, 7:47:23 PM4/15/11
to erhso...@googlegroups.com
LinkedIn is a legitimate site. My husband and I (and thousands of
professionals worldwide) use it.

I'm guessing that he accidentally gave it permission to go through his
address book looking for business contacts and the ERH Society e-mail
address was in his address book.

Emeth

--
emeth...@gmail.com
call or text 509-420-3767

Feico Houweling

Apr 16, 2011, 5:32:23 AM4/16/11
to erhso...@googlegroups.com

Dear Paul and others,

Thank you for your invitation

Correcting your name on Linkedin goes as follow:

-          Sign in with your mail address and password

-          Hold the mouse above the upper bar on ‘Profile’, the option ‘Edit profile’ will appear, click on it

-          Then choose te option ‘Edit’ behind your name

-          Make the changes

I hope this helps,

Feico Houweling