OUT OF REVOLUTION in Russian

Ray Huessy

Dec 4, 2021, 12:44:45 PM12/4/21
to ERHS, ERHSo...@googlegroups.com
Greetings to all!

I have no idea whether either of these addresses is working, but I thought I would ask if anyone had a copy of the Russian version of OUT (Bеликие Революции) they would willing to offer up for the common good.

The book is out of print again in Russia, and it seems likely to remain so. So I'm hoping to find an existing copy closer to home and scan it for posting on the ERH Fund website.

all the best,
rh

Raymond Huessy
111 River Road South
Putney, VT  05346-8709

rhu...@gmail.com

802-387-3003 [home]
802-451-6486 [cell]
No answer at either number?  try 802-257-4831

許雷蒙

My current prescription for all the madness and sorrow in the world at large are books that have made me laugh out loud. They may not be your cup of tea, but one of them might give you the priceless gift of laughter, too. Here is my list:
  • Most recently, Ali Smith's wonderful "seasons" series:
  • Autumn, about a marriage of minds between a very young woman and a very old man,
  • Winter, featuring what may be the most terrifying (and then deeply moving) unintended family Christmas ever, and
  • Spring, in which a Greta-Thunberg-like teenager takes on the UK's security state.
  • Andrew Sean Greer's Less
  • Helen Simonson's Major Pettigrew's Last Stand
  • Nell Zink's Mislaid
  • Jonas Jonasson's The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden
  • Mary Wesley's Jumping the Queue
  • Maria Semple's Where'd You Go, Bernadette?
They all made me laugh out loud, which in my dotage I have come to see as the only real criterion in art.

Norman Fiering

Dec 4, 2021, 9:47:58 PM12/4/21
to ERHSo...@googlegroups.com, Ray Huessy, Norman Fiering, Nancy Harris, Ray Huessy, Lynn Jones, Marcus Keep, Willem Leenman, Paula Stahmer, Helmuth von Moltke
Ray,

I don’t remember who set up  ERHSociety google groups.com ,  or why, in 2009, but it is entirely superseded by <mem...@list.erhsociety.org> , which has a list more than twice as long and is free of dead wood.  I counted quickly at least 6 people on the googlegroup who are dead!  So no one is paying attention to it.  Plus .com does not sound right.

I am going to send a message to google groups asking interested people to get their names on the society.org list. The lists mostly overlap but I did see a few unfamiliar names.

Norman

Norman Fiering
(Director and Librarian Emeritus
John Carter Brown Library)
Postal address: Wayland Manor
500 Angell St. (Apt. 519)
Providence, RI. 02906
401-521-0009

“For age is opportunity no less/Than youth itself, though in another dress,/
And as the evening twilight fades away,/The sky is filled with stars invisible by day.”
--Longfellow