Making Apple Keyboards first class Ergo-Emacs citizens

Paul Michael Reilly

Dec 27, 2014, 1:34:45 AM12/27/14
to ergo...@googlegroups.com
The display of the standard QWERTY keyboard overlaid with ergoemacs-mode bindings is simply outstanding.  I would like to provide  a choice to show ergoemacs bindings on the Apple standard short keyboard used almost everywhere on Mac laptops and on the Apple bluetooth keyboard.  But I have nary a clue on how to make this happen.  If some brave soul with a little extra time on their hands who has a clue would like to act as a mentor of sorts, I, and hopefully lots and lots of Mac Ergo Emacs Users, will be forever grateful for any progress that we might make.

If this work can be integrated seamlessly into the current ergoemacs ecosystem, even better, but if it has to be a separate set of pages (seamy) that will work to get the ball rolling.

Thanks,

-pmr

Matthew Fidler

Dec 27, 2014, 1:39:31 AM12/27/14
to ergo...@googlegroups.com

I'm not sure what the differences are.   Could you enlighten me?