Shorten the menu bar

Cara

Apr 14, 2015, 5:22:39 PM4/14/15
to ergo...@googlegroups.com
I've recently started using Ergoemacs.  When Ergoemacs is combined with any mode, particularly one with lots of menus on its own like AucTeX, the total menu bar exceeds the space I have allocated for my Emacs window, and the window resizes to accommodate it.  I actually use the menu bar sometimes to execute commands that I don't use often enough to remember, so I don't want to get rid of the whole thing, I just want to make it in fit into 80 characters.  The obvious way to do this is to delete the menus that I don't use much, but while there are Q&As about how to add or delete specific menu items, there aren't about how to add or delete menus themselves. I'm also open to other suggestions for shortening it.

Cara

Matthew Fidler

Apr 15, 2015, 3:28:44 PM4/15/15
to ergo...@googlegroups.com
You could turn of the ergoemacs-mode menus in general.  Under ergoemacs-mode there is an option to turn it off.  Then you get the standard emacs menus.