What is the best way to manage buffers and switch easily between MVC files?

Sayth Renshaw

Feb 13, 2015, 7:41:48 PM2/13/15
to ergo...@googlegroups.com

Pretty much using emacs to develop rails and learn some Haskell and maybe Yesod if I get a chance to.

What is the best way to quickly switch my buffers and between assosciated controllers and views in rails while using ergoemacs?

Cheers

Sayth

Nikolay Kudryavtsev

Feb 15, 2015, 4:09:08 PM2/15/15
to ergo...@googlegroups.com
Hello. I think it's best to ask such questions on the generic emacs mailing list, there you would get many more answers.

But here are a few pointers:
1. Use some kind of buffer switching library. Like ido, iswitchb and so on. Personally I use icicles set up like iswitchb.
2. Learn to use mark ring efficiently. That allows you to switch back between a few places both withing a single buffer and between different buffer. I suggest rebinding them so you would have those command closer to you hands.
3. Use tag files. There are some alternatives to them for particular platforms, but tags are still the most widely supported option. Again, I use icicles here - it makes tag search better.
--
Best Regards,
Nikolay Kudryavtsev