Navigation in org-mode

Diego Fainstein

Nov 14, 2014, 12:46:40 PM11/14/14
to ergo...@googlegroups.com
Hello all. I was wondering if there is any "ergoemacs way" to navigate through headlines in org-mode. Commands like outline-next-visible-heading and outline-previous-visible-heading are binded to standard C-c C-n and C-c C-p, so my question is if ergoemacs provide an already made org-mode navigation alternative.

I stop using ergoemacs a while ago, to experiment other things and I came back recently. I find it much more comfortable. Ergoemacs rocks!

   Diego

Xah Lee

Nov 14, 2014, 1:10:10 PM11/14/14
to ErgoEmacs
i don't think there is, but Matt might give better info.

for me, am not a heavy org-mode user myself.

for modes i use frequently, i simply add a hook for commands to keys i want.

for modes i use less frequently, i just stick with standard navigation keys in ergoemacs, or the Control plus arrows, or, use whatever the mode's keys for it special navigation.

 Xah

Matthew Fidler

Nov 14, 2014, 9:13:01 PM11/14/14
to ergo...@googlegroups.com

There is a way. I don't have my my computer handy,  but I believe you can press C-h M-i on a qwerty keyboard to move up. You can. Also press C-h M-j to move down.

I can check on it next week if that doesn't work

Diego Fainstein

Nov 15, 2014, 2:46:36 AM11/15/14
to ergo...@googlegroups.com
I found the commands bound to C-c M-c and C-c M-t (in dvorak) and I defined them also to s-c and s-t. I don't know why I didn't check the obvious expected key combination before asking. :) Maybe I was confused with the keybinding help for outline-previous-visible-heading which didn't listed the one Matthew mentioned:

It is bound to Ctrl+C Ctrl+P, ergoemacs-user s-c, s-c.

(outline-previous-visible-heading ARG)

and for outline-next-visible-heading:

It is bound toCtrl+C Ctrl+N, ergoemacs-user s-t, s-t.

(outline-next-visible-heading ARG)

Well, I'm happy with the keybindings now. Thank you guys!!

Matthew Fidler

Nov 15, 2014, 2:49:03 AM11/15/14
to ergo...@googlegroups.com

It's not listed, because it is technically ergoemacs-mode testing an unbound key and mapping it to a bound key.