Mat;lab file size for download

Raymond Towse

Jan 22, 2024, 1:06:58 PMJan 22
to ERDDAP
 I have a user trying to download a very large ERDDAP dataset to MATLAB format, unfortunately we are running in t a file size limit :
Error { code=413; message="Payload Too Large: Your query produced too much data. Try to request less data. [memory] 3755 MB is more than the .mat 2 GB limit."; }
I was wondering you you have any insights into a possible resolution.

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal

Jan 22, 2024, 1:38:42 PMJan 22
to Raymond Towse, ERDDAP
Hi Raymond:

I am pretty certain that the only solution is to break the request into pieces and combine. If the user does not know how to that, if they can send the relevant parts of the script they are using, or it being done from a browser, the URL, and we will work with them to implement a solution.

Thanks,

- Roy
> --

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst
NOAA/NMFS
Environmental Research Division
Southwest Fisheries Science Center
***Note new street address***
110 McAllister Way
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone: (831)-420-3666
Fax: (831) 420-3980
e-mail: Roy.Men...@noaa.gov www: https://www.pfeg.noaa.gov/

Message has been deleted

Raymond Towse

Jan 22, 2024, 1:54:53 PMJan 22
to ERDDAP
Thanks Roy, this is pretty much what I expected.
I thought I had a work around, using the generated URL and command line CURL, but after review , it had not really been as expected.

Sincerely,
Ray

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal

Jan 22, 2024, 2:06:00 PMJan 22
to Raymond Towse, ERDDAP
I do not know the details of the request, but usually the easy way to break up requests is by time,

HTH,

-Roy