Change titles of mirrored datasets

Kim Hyde - NOAA Federal

Mar 28, 2024, 5:26:43 PMMar 28
to ERDDAP
Hello,

Is it possible to change the title of a dataset that is mirrored from another ERDDAP or OPENDAP? I would like to alter the title so that they fit in with our naming scheme and to correct a couple errors I noticed in the original titles.  For example, I would like to change the start year range in the title from 2012 to 2000 (to reflect recent updates to the dataset).

<dataset type="EDDGridFromErddap" datasetID="noaa_coastwatch_a1b0_ce7f_6ba7" active="true">
    <!-- Sea-Surface Temperature, NOAA ACSPO Daily Global 0.02° Gridded Super-collated SST and Thermal Fronts Reanalysis, 2012-present, Daily (L3S-LEO degrees C) -->
    <sourceUrl>https://coastwatch.noaa.gov/erddap/griddap/noaacwLEOACSPOSSTL3SCDaily</sourceUrl>
</dataset>

XML is foreign to me so other than making minor updates to existing entries, I really don't know what I need to add to correctly change the output.  Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal

Mar 28, 2024, 5:42:55 PMMar 28
to Kim Hyde - NOAA Federal, ERDDAP
Yes you can by adding an attribute near the beginning:

<addAttributes>
<att name="title">Kim's version of NOAA ACSPO</att>
</addAttributes>

Having said that for remote datasets we tend to keep the original title out of respect for the original data provider, they may well have reasons for the title, and also it may contain information they consider important or it may contain information that they feel properly credits them. Something you might consider before changing the title, or at least reach out to the original data provider.

But you might want to change the datasetID - at least remove the hash at the end.

HTH,

-Roy
> --

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst
NOAA/NMFS
Environmental Research Division
Southwest Fisheries Science Center
***Note new street address***
110 McAllister Way
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone: (831)-420-3666
Fax: (831) 420-3980
e-mail: Roy.Men...@noaa.gov www: https://www.pfeg.noaa.gov/

bobsimons2.00

Mar 29, 2024, 4:19:46 AMMar 29
to ERDDAP
Roy's answer is incorrect. See the correct answer in the documentation:

Kim Hyde - NOAA Federal

Mar 29, 2024, 9:18:17 AMMar 29
to ERDDAP
Thanks Bob,  That information was helpful.

Thank you Roy for your suggestions.  I also understand your note about not altering the original dataset title.  I mainly want to make a few minor edits that will help organize our datasets (i.e. grouping datasets by data type such as SST).

Take care,
Kim